Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Making the Most of Online Rewards - Works for Me Wednesday



This my first time posting with Works for Me Wednesday. I've been reading great tips given by other bloggers for months, but am finally jumping in with them.

This week's theme Frugality. What works for me is using online reward programs for GIFTS. I earn points, cash, gifts cards, etc. with these programs. What works for me is that I typically wait to redeem when I need some gifts. I use them the most at Christmas. Here are the main ones I use and why:

The first is Mysurvey.com. They send you emails with survey links(or download their messenger to get immediate notice of new surveys). I've completed quick surveys for five points, and I've received 300 points for some more involved, but they still don't take much time. For each 1000 points you earn, you can redeem them for prizes or CASH. I've earned about $150 so far with this.

The next, and the one I've earned the most with, is MyPoints. You can earn points for clicking on ads in emails, shopping through MyPoints, completing surveys, and signing up for trials. They did have a credit card program too, but it has been discontinued. I usually redeem points for gift cards at Christmas for gifts and to use myself to purchase gifts.

A new one to me is Swagbucks. Many people have had great success with this one, and I seem to be earning points fairly quickly. You can earn points for using their search engine, which has earned me at least one swagbuck a day, usually more. You can recycle old cell phones and such with them to earn points. All you have to do is enter what kind of phone you have and they provide you with a postage-paid label you print to mail the phone to them. You can also earn points shopping through the website, as well as by referrals. What I'm excited about with this one is that you can redeem for Amazon gift cards.

With all of these programs, you can earn points with referrals, so I'd really appreciate you asking for a link to join. Just leave a comment with your email address or email me and I'll get one to you.

This may not sound like a lot of extra money, but it really is in relation to the time put into it. And it sure helps out at Christmas, when money seems to be flying out the door much quicker! And that works for me. For more Works for Me Wednesday, check out the other posts at We Are That Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment