Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I just read this post by Shaun Groves on his blog, and it was one that made me stop and say, "Wow. . .right on. . . now what?". God has been challenging me lately about doing more. Being more. For Him. I'm not talking about just being busy. We're all busy enough. But are we busy with the meaningful things?

Okay, so I'm a mom. I'm a wife. I'm a daughter, sister, friend. Yes, my schedule is busy. Yes, I'm doing things that matter, although sometimes I wonder how much that pile of laundry really matters! But are we doing everything God wants us to do? Are we not just surrendered to Him, but listening to what He wants us to do? Trapped in His presence, unable to release until we hear a Word, that Word, and we know "That's It." "That's Him."

Do we let Him regularly evaluate our position with Him so we can be of upmost use for Him? What you are doing may be great. What you are doing may be exactly what God wants you to do. But please, oh please, don't stop listening. He's ever changing us for His glory. That others might see His glory. That others will feel His glory.

Don't you want to be part of it? Part of a radical uplifting of God's people to share Him with those who are in desperate need of Him? Ask Him to show you your part. He will. And watch out. Because it's going to be outstanding. Incredible. Miraculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment