Monday, April 20, 2009

Miracle Monday

Today is the start of something exciting. I was going to start a series today with something funny, but God changed my mind this morning. Because He seems to like throwing me curve balls.

I've been praying about how to use this blog. And I really feel like I want this to be a ministry. So "Miracle Mondays" is born. Mondays are hard days for most of us. Whether you've had a great weekend or a hard weekend, an exceptional worship time on Sunday, or maybe it's rainy; there's just something about Mondays. So I want to use Mondays as an encouragement. 'Cause every day we live for Christ can be miraculous.

So on Mondays I'll be posting miracles. Maybe there will be a link. Or two or three. Maybe I'll ask a friend to share. And in coming Mondays I'll share some of my stories. God is doing miracles today, and they can be such an encouragement to us.

Last night our pastor shared a little bit about what he sees as the future of our church. And it's exciting. And I believe that it can happen. And it will be miraculous if it does. Not in the far-fetched miracle sense, but in the GOD DID THAT sense. But the catch is that we will have to let God use us. You see, God is in the miracle business. He wants to work miracles today, and He wants to use us. But He doesn't have to use us. God can do what He wants to do without us. Don't you want Him to, though? Don't you want to be used of God to help perform a miracle?

And that's my challenge to you today. Be the miracle. Perform a random act of kindness. Write that note to someone to let them know you've been praying for them. Call someone and ask how you can pray for them. Donate your time. Donate your stuff. Ask God for direction. He'll give it to you. You may not see how it can be a miracle, but it may be to that other person. The point is to let God use you. Cast aside what you have going on in your life for a few minutes and let others take center stage.

If you do, I'd love to hear about it. Post a comment and let me know what you did. You'll find that even if you don't find out how it impacted someone else, it will impact you. Let's be a miracle today!

No comments:

Post a Comment