Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Introducing the Soccer Pro

Turns out it wasn't just teething. Bless her heart, she has some kind of infection that is affecting one of her ears and her throat. She has a cute little hoarse cry. Not to be confused with the horse cry that she usually has. That girl has a set of lungs! No worries, antibiotics prescribed and healing is taking place.

We had a very busy weekend. There was a baby shower at our house Sunday, of which I have no pictures because my camera was in the jeep, which left that afternoon with my husband and girls. I do, however, have a pretty clean house and sparkling bathrooms, thanks to my hubby!

Saturday was the first soccer game of the season. Of our lives, for that matter. I have a feeling we'll be doing this for awhile. As they were eating breakfast, Daddy promised her one dollar for each goal she made, thinking that would motivate her to get out there and play hard. It did, alright. The girl scored five goals! I told him this might be an expensive season. MeMaw's footing the bill this week, so we told her do really well and she could maybe buy a trampoline for the backyard with her earnings. :)

It was also a monumental day because it was the first day her hair has ever been braided. Ever. The child does not like having her hair fixed. She did, however, like having her hair out of the way. So there may be more braids in the future. Stay tuned.

They all had so much fun. I was impressed with how well the girls played together. I don't mean to brag (well, just a little!) but the referees told our coaches there was nothing in particular we needed to work on. The girls had the concept and did well! Pretty good for a four-and-five year old team!

Getting ready for the game:



Lining up (notice the cutie poking out):




I was hoping to have some of the video, but, alas, time has gotten away from me once again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marci,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet note of encouragement. You are right, God was all over that conference. Can't wait to see and hear about all the great things He will continue to do with His Bride. Praying for thousands upon thousands of families to draw near to Him and experience the power of His transforming love!

    Blessings,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete